I feel the same way too!! I am 99% sure my group of friends and the people I talk to normally are nothing like Your Average American to the extent that I basically have no idea how to talk to people who are not nerds. Now I do know there are people who are more concerned about their own lives than the lives of fictional characters, and I can accept that, I just don’t … on a deep, spiritual level … understand how they find any purpose in the universe.
(Non-nerd males especially scare me. Having gone to an all-girls school, I can at least talk about Boys, Fashion, Girl Troubles, or other acceptable Female Subjects with non-nerd ladies. With guys … I just stare at them in horror.)
I think as creatives you definitely surround yourself with people who are like you! And then the activities you take part in introduce you to new people who (while they might have slightly different tastes) are the same KIND of people as you.
My bubble is totally popped when I see the kind of people my brother hangs out with. But even he is a vague sort of video game nerd.Source: painted-bees
- kuhtaystuff reblogged this from enthusiasticbecja
- murasakinotcrown likes this
- raruraru likes this
- lunith likes this
- sapphiremistress likes this
- loco-lobo likes this
- aymmichurros likes this
- fenyatan likes this
- winterqueen likes this
- laleiragoblin reblogged this from arythusa
- ayapus likes this
- painted-bees likes this
- kaikaruandhercurlyq likes this
- yabasha likes this
- acodanies likes this
- famouspenname likes this
- vifetoile reblogged this from arythusa
- p-curly reblogged this from arythusa
- p-curly likes this
- arythusa reblogged this from painted-bees and added:
- pupukachoo reblogged this from bonesmakenoise
- bonesmakenoise reblogged this from painted-bees and added:
- gentlemandeerlord likes this
- linesofnines likes this
- pigparade likes this
- painted-bees reblogged this from arythusa and added:
- clairebrigid likes this
- enthusiasticbecja reblogged this from arythusa and added:
- evilplotting likes this
- voske likes this
- isthatwhatyoumint likes this
- realisirrealis said: It is entirely possible. But that’s what makes art so cool, the diversity and variety that different people bring, no? :) At least the Internet allows likeminded ‘minorities’ to bond over such minority stuff!
- older-and-far-away said: Just as an example, of course. I mean that is just one example (but one that was pretty notable to me) of being in a micro-society that has views that differ from what a lot of other people think/feel.
- dimisfit said: I know what you mean. I take movies so seriously, but honestly at the end of the day, people are just looking for entertainment and nothing more.
- painted-bees posted this